While we sadly won’t get to enjoy great music, food, and fellowship with our island community this Memorial Day weekend, the musicians of the Washington Island Music Festival have come together to create a LIVE online concert of solos and duos from our homes to yours. What we lack in production budget and audio engineering we make up for in creative spirit, and we can’t wait to see your faces and share our music with you on SUNDAY, MAY 24 AT 5:00pm CDT
How to Participate in Virtual Mayfest:
1. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “MAYFEST RSVP.” You will receive a response within 24 hours with the Concert Link and instructions. SAVE THIS LINK!
2. If you do not already have it, you will need to download the Zoom application to your computer, tablet, or smartphone, whatever device you plan to use to view the concert. You can do this at https://zoom.us/download NOTE: You do NOT need to create an account on Zoom – just download the application.
3. On the day of the concert, set up your device where you would like to view and make sure you have a reliable audio source and your volume is turned up. Click on the concert link between 4:45 and 5:00pm CDT. You will be prompted to open Zoom and placed in a virtual waiting room.
4. The waiting room will be disabled at 5:00 and you will see the Zoom screen. You will automatically be muted – do NOT unmute yourself. You can leave your video on so that others can see you or choose to turn your video off. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
• New to Zoom and want to practice? Meaghan will have the concert link open on Saturday, May 23 from 3-5pm for anyone who would like to test it out in advance and ask questions.
• The chat function will be on during the concert – feel free to use this to share your comments and applause throughout.
• If you are able, please have a photo or picture of someplace on the island with you – we have some audience participation planned!
• While this is a free concert, the Washington Island Music Festival needs your support more than ever for Music in the Schools and next year’s program. We encourage you to donate at washingtonislandmusicfestival.com